Saturday 20 March 2010

Home Sweet Home

I came back to Somerset yesterday to sort boring paperwork for my PGCE, and arrived to find the joys of mama's homemade butternut squash soup and homemade bread. So yummy. My auntie Bow was here to see me. I can't remember the last time i've walked through the front door and she wasn't sat at the dining room table, allowing my mother to ply her with hot beverages and heart-warming food.

It rained incessantly yesterday, just as it has done today, so we didn't get a chance to go out walking on my favorite route around the woods near my house, which was a shame, but homemade cake at teatime made up for that.

I'll probably head back to Bournemouth after finishing this. I miss the girls like a part of my family when I'm away so i'm trying not to imagine what it'll be like when we all leave the South Coast and start the next part of our journey.

Tonight was meant to be fish and chips, designed perhaps to distinguish Saturday night from the rest of the evenings in the week, when invariably we watch TV and eat snacks. I think i'll go mad and have a lovely waitrose ready meal instead. Far more virtuous and tasty!

It's been wonderful to be home, however fleetingly. Being with Jack and his family last night was gorgeous, but now I somehow miss him more now. Oh well it's only a week til i've decided to call it easter and come home! I'm working on my dissertation alone now so it's fairly portable.

Over and out for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment